[SLVRCLIST] Information for SLVRC >> VA3TLO RPT 443.500 is back on the air...

Norm Rashleigh rashleigh at sympatico.ca
Sat Aug 8 23:20:32 GMT 2015

And further information to the SLVRC.  VE3MPC uhf,  444.4000 + 5 MHz, is
now also on the air with a Yaesu System Fusion repeater but only running
20 watts TX power.  Unfortunately, the  equipment  is not rated for 50
watts continuous duty.  As opposed to the previous FM only repeater, the
new Yaesu equipment is *not* slaved to the VHF VE3MPC repeater channel.
   The VE3MPC system fusion repeater is configured for *mixed" mode of
operation, that is FM in results in FM out, and digital in, digital
out.  For FM operation on the UHF channel, 100 Hz CTCSS is required.
Those wanting to operate FM on VE3MPC / UHF should monitor the channel
with an open squelch momentarily to insure there is not active digital
traffic happening.  The operation of VE3MPC VHF, 147.150 +, remains
solely FM with carrier squelch.

I can also report that two Yaesu system fusion repeaters have also been
acquired for the VE3TWO site operated by the Ottawa Valley Mobile Radio
Club.  One is intended for operation on the VHF channel 147.300 + and
the other for the UHF channel 444.2000 + 5 .   We hope to have these in
operation soon.

On another subject:

Also, as usual, the Ottawa Valley Mobile Radio Club is sponsoring an
Amateur Radio Course this fall with registration happening Monday
evening, Sept 21 at the Canadian Aviation and Space Museum.  Pass the
word to  those that may be interested, send me an email. VE3LC at rac.ca

Norm Rashleigh, VE3LC
President, OVMRC

On 2015-08-08 3:18 PM, Ve3ipc at aol.com wrote:
> Information for SLVRC,
> This is to inform you that the VA3TLO RPT is on air with 50 watts,
> July 30th using a brand new Yeasu Fusion RPT.
> Please confirm that you got this OK.
> Mike VE3IPC

---