[SLVRCLIST] Eastern Ontario Packet on 145.010

Peter Gamble gamble at willowfalls.ca
Mon Feb 25 23:29:09 GMT 2013

Hi

I'm hoping  to find someone who can give me some insight in the packet
network on 145.010 in Eastern Ontario.

I am working on establishing an ARES packet link from Pembroke to
Ottawa. The ARES group in Renfrew uses packet a lot and now I am setting
up the Ottawa end so we can use it to exchange information for the Red
Cross.

My problem is that I cannot hear anything on 145.010. I tried at my QTH
in Alta Vista with different antennas and radios, but nothing. Today I
set up a node in Barrhaven at the Fire Station on a good high antenna
and still nothing. I can connect to the station at the fire station
(VA3OFS-1), but it is not hearing anything else on 145.010.

Is there a problem with the network, am I missing something. Any help or
suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards
Peter

--