[SLVRCLIST] EMRG is adding 136.5 Hz CTCSS input tone on repeater VE3OCE (146.880) in Ottawa
gamble at willowfalls.ca
Tue Aug 31 22:36:44 UTC 2010
EMRG is adding a 136.5 Hz CTCSS tone on the input of repeater VE3OCE (146.880) in Ottawa . The repeater already has a 136.5 Hz tone on the output.
The VE3OCE repeater will hopefully be changed this weekend, so if you use the repeater, please add the tone to your radios ASAP and let other amateurs know of the change.
The change is being made for several reasons;
1) Make the use of tones consistent across EMRG repeaters.
2) Align with the general direction of the Saint Lawrence Valley Repeater Council (SLVRC), which now requires input tones on all new frequency assignments. (We don't have to add a tone, but we think it makes good sense)
3) Using CTCSS tones allows better re-use of frequencies, keeps out some interference and provides some options for future additions to the system.
4) The repeater equipment is being replaced, to free up equipment for the East end repeater, so this is a good time to make the change.
Nothing else changes and everyone is still welcome to use the repeater.
Peter Gamble -VE3BQP
Emergency Measures Radio Group -Ottawa ARES
Email: pgamble at emrg.ca
Web Site: www.emrg.ca
Emergency Measures Radio Group - Ottawa ARES
- Two Names - One Group - One Purpose -
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SLVRCList