[SLVRCLIST] Motorola TDMA Digital For Amateur Repeater

Norm Rashleigh rashleigh at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 9 17:35:47 UTC 2009

Hi folks.

Interesting about the new tdma stuff available from Motorola.  I would suspect that IC would not have any problem with this stuff for amateur application since it is just another digital protocol such as P25 and D-Star  as long as it doesn't use an overlay of encryption.    And yes, a single rf channel repeater should support two simultaneous conversations.  The big deal with this stuff, however, is it is exclusive to itself and likely solely available at the present time from Motorola.  It would have to be supported with a extensive inventory of user equipment to make it worth while.  And, being tdma, I'm not sure there would be a "simplex" mode of operation to user gear..  Worthy of more investigation..

Norm Rashleigh

VE3LC