[SLVRCLIST] Fwd: Fw: New Hampshire MEGA Launch: SIX Balloons May 3 and May 4!

Burt Lang slvrclist@slvrc.org
Mon May 6 09:10:00 2002

Well, the MEGA launch was a bust.  The winds on Friday were so strong
(up to 50 MPH) that they lost 3 ballons before they were launched.  They
may have got one out.  On saturday, I did see one launched around noon
and the winds were still pretty brisk so it was travelling at a very
shallow ascent angle.  Don't know what happened to it, whether it got to
49,000 ft before the ocean or not.

Did anyone hear it?

Burt  VE2BMQ>>>